Job: Synchronicity Theatre Communications and Marketing Director
The Communications and Marketing Director devises and implements an annual strategy for audience development and external communications. Working with the Managing Director, Producing Artistic Director and Development Director, this position will strategize institutional marketing campaigns, to achieve earned income sales goals across the organization. This very hands-on position ensures a creative and innovative process which is collaborative, under budget, on time and professionally managed. The Communications and Marketing Director is responsible for audience and stakeholder growth and increased brand presence in the community and nation-wide. This position also has a heavy sales lead generation work load.
Key competencies include: outstanding written and oral communication, fierce attention to detail, a joy of managing many moving parts, strong organization, advanced computer and design;, copy writing, social media content fluency; strong public relations abilities including press pitches, messaging/positioning, and listings. Good working knowledge of the theatre community and its resources a plus. Video editing/producing skills a plus, as well as experience with Photoshop and Canva. Experience with Spektrix or like CRMs a plus. Must be attracted to highly-collaborative work environment.
Key Areas of oversight:
• Strategy + implementation for achieving earned income goals including marketing five full productions, new play development activities including Stripped Bare, and the Playmaking for Kids after-school and camp education programs
• Press + communications including pitches, releases, and listings.
• Brand + collaterals – website, print pieces, etc. envisioning, coordination with graphic designer towards scheduling, producing and implementation.
• Social media content creation: strategy, platforms and calendar, packet for artist; work with artistic social media liaison for each project/production.
• Coordinate marketing efforts for fundraising/development events and campaigns;
• Data Analysis and implementation, including post-show analysis.
• Website content and development.
• Manage Digital and Physical advertising.
• Manage and create the program as well as donor acknowledgements, sponsorships responsibilities and (limited) ad sales.
• Poster distribution and staffing.
• Manage communication about systems and specific show concerns with the Front of House staff (working with the Managing Director and Patron Services and Development Associate).
• Set and manage opening night receptions, open dress rehearsals.
• Program editing, creation, distribution and printing.
• With Patron Services and Development Associate, oversee CRM.
• With Patron Services and Development Associate, hire, train and oversee box office staff.
• Oversee Synchronizers ambassador program.
• Along with other FT staff serve as Producer on Duty for 20% of Synchronicity performances.
• Serve as staff liaison to Brand and Brand Awareness Board committee. Work closely with board members on brand awareness and audience engagement strategies and initiatives.
• Marketing support for rentals.
• Other duties as assigned.
Tasks for this position include (but are not limited to): designing and implementing Institutional marketing strategies, ticket sales and education sales campaigns and finding integrated channels to connect aspects of the organization; managing all press and media relationships, the creation and booking of television and billboard advertising, creation and implementation of the annual marketing plan – including all calendar elements and deadlines; overseeing the box office experience – including training front of house staff, ensuring website is up to date, managing relationships with discounted ticket vendors and partner theatres, and managing the Patron Services and Development Associate; overseeing the creation and timely printing/mailing of all season and show collaterals, working side-by-side with the rest of the staff to implement the strategic plan.
Excited to work closely with small but fierce team; strong management skills esp. of undergraduate interns; develop strong relationships with selected board members; staff liaison to Brand and Audience Awareness committee, flexibility and nimbleness. Fluency with Spektrix or similar CRM helpful.
Reports to: Managing Director
Hours: Full time, some nights and weekends required.
Benefits: Liberal vacation and flex time options. Insurance reimbursement. Simple IRA Match plan after 12 months.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Celise Kalke, Managing Director via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21 2021.
Job: Patron Services and Development Associate
Job Description: Patron Services and Development Associate
The Patron Services and Development Associate is the first point of contact with patrons and a resource for donors. This position will be the on-site staff for 75% of box office shifts with five productions a year to ensure a consistent, positive patron experience, and train and oversee contract box office staff. They will work closely with front of house and other staff producers on duty to ensure a high-quality patron experience. Between shows, the PS&D Associate will manage group and student matinee sales and contracts and well as manage daily box office phone communication. They will manage Synchronicity’s use of a CRM (Spektrix), through building out the season and events and support the Development Director with date tracking, data entry, list pulls, and generation of donor acknowledgement letters. Additionally, this position will oversee subscriber and donor benefits fulfillment. Must be both independent and attracted to highly collaborative work environment. This position will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Director and the Development Director.
Key Areas of oversight:
- 75% of box office shifts Synchronicity productions.
- Spektrix CRM.
- Ideate, source and track Merchandise, work with Managing Director to purchase and track inventory.
- Oversee box office + box office/customer service during daytime hours.
- With External Communication and Marketing Director train additional box office support staff.
- Box office systems, tools and communication.
- Student matinee correspondence and scheduling.
- Patron and Donor questions and requests.
- Entering individual donations and creating Donor Acknowledgement letters.
- Managing Donor recognitions and benefits.
- Track performance capacity and other data for Managing Director and External Communications and Marketing Director.
- Auction support for the Women and the Arts and Business event.
- Support Development Director and Communications and Marketing Director on events.
- Pick-up and delivery of collaterals from printer & mail house.
- Works with the show’s dramaturg and/or other staff members on designing and implementing creative lobby displays.
Key competencies include outstanding communication skills, fierce attention to detail, advanced computer design skills. Good customer service instincts and problem-solving capabilities needed. Experience with Canva and In-Design a plus. Experience with Spektrix or other CRM a plus.
Reports to: Managing Director
Hours: Half Time; nights and weekends required.
Benefits: Simple IRA Match plan after 12 months.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Celise Kalke, Managing Director via email to email@example.com by April 21, 2021.