Synchronicity is a nonprofit theatre company founded in 1997. Since bursting onto the Atlanta scene, Synchronicity has produced gutsy, high-quality and entertaining plays that resonate with our audience, our community and our lives. Our mission is to uplift the voices of women and girls, and build community through theatre. We produce great plays. We take artistic chances to make our audiences think about important issues. We partner with community groups to deepen the relationship between our audiences and the work. Synchronicity makes its home on Peachtree in the heart of Midtown Atlanta.
Synchronicity is hiring a new full-time Development Director to build on a strong 21-year reputation for creating great theatre and building community in the Atlanta area. In a staff of 5 full-time and 4 part-time people, this position is highly collaborative and will work closely with the Producing Artistic and Managing Directors to take Synchronicity to the next level.
DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR | *FULL-TIME POSITION (40-50 hours/week)
The Development Director is responsible for implementing all fundraising activities to meet annual development goals for the company. Annually, this includes developing an annual plan; running 1 major and 4-5 smaller special events; cultivating individual donors; implementing our annual giving campaign (including 1-2 crowd funding campaigns, 1-2 mailing campaigns); developing and shepherding corporate sponsors; and writing/managing 45-50 foundation, corporate and government grants.
Key competencies include outstanding writing and verbal communication skills, grant management experience, organizational skills, and advanced computer skills, including experience with fundraising database programs and Microsoft Office suite of programs and basic understanding of crowd funding platforms. Experience working closely with donors and board members required. Experience researching and cultivating prospective funding sources required. Proficiency with Spektrix a plus. Event management experience with events of 150+ people strongly encouraged.
At least two years of fundraising experience and four-year degree required. Experience in the arts preferred. The ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team is key. Ideal candidate must be a great communicator, organized, creative and detail-oriented.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Grants – research, write and manage private, corporate and government grant proposals
- Design and manage detailed grants calendar and tracking sheet
- Proper acknowledgement and management of all donor gifts
- Tracking and communication of board giving/contributions
- Manage donor database and work closely with Finance Manager to tracking funding throughout the year
- Annual tracking of demographics, program evaluations and scope of services
- Oversee the annual Women in the Arts luncheon, as well as season kick-off party. Coordinate 3-5 smaller donor cultivation events throughout the year.
- Design and run the annual giving campaign which includes end of year mail out campaign, 1-2 crowdfunding campaigns, and season launch party for high end donors.
Salary is in the 30’s with benefits. Start date: July 8. Resume review and interviews will start May 30.
To apply, send cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and two writing samples to Celise Kalke, Managing Director at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Synchronicity Theatre is committed to recruiting and fostering a diverse community of staff. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE