Synchronicity is a nonprofit theatre company founded in 1997. Since bursting onto the Atlanta scene, Synchronicity has produced gutsy, high-quality and entertaining plays that resonate with our audience, our community and our lives. Our mission is to uplift the voices of women and girls, and build community through theatre. We produce great plays. We take artistic chances to make our audiences think about important issues. We partner with community groups to deepen the relationship between our audiences and the work. Synchronicity makes its home on Peachtree in the heart of Midtown Atlanta.
Synchronicity is hiring a new full-time Marketing Director to build on 21 years, and to take the company to the next level.
MARKETING DIRECTOR | *FULL-TIME POSITION (40-50 HOURS/WEEK)
The Marketing Director supports the highest strategic priorities of the theater. He or she will focus on growing new audiences while retaining and deepening relationships with current audiences. Through effective communication of the mission, vision and programming activities, the Marketing Director develops and executes strategies to generate all earned ticket revenues for the theatre. The Marketing Director also plays a leading role in the Theatre’s strategic planning initiatives which currently include increased brand awareness, new individual ticket campaign planning, expanded group sales, and higher-level customer understanding and service. This position collaborates with the Producing Artistic Director, and reports directly to the Managing Director. This position also works in parallel with Synchronicity’s public relations specialist and social media content director.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collaborate regularly with the Managing Director and Artistic Director to ensure a clear and accurate interpretation of the organization’s vision and direction.
- Supervise the planning and implementation of all marketing, public relations, publications, and sales programs to raise earned income through single ticket, group and season ticket sales annually.
- Shape public perception of the theater through execution of brand identity through digital and print communications, publications, public events, and physical spaces.
- Manage annual expense budgets to run all marketing, publicity, sales and graphic design efforts and operations.
- Coordinate with Social Media Content Director to ensure cohesive messaging through electronic media relations;
- Coordinate all communication and negotiations with vendors and consultants to achieve annual and long-range goals.
- Cultivate an innovative working environment that enables growth in new technology and marketing practices to ensure the Theatre’s vitality.
- Develop community ties and serve on committees to further develop the profile of arts within the city and state.
- Participate in arts marketing roundtable and other networking/learning opportunities.
- Oversee cross-promotional trades with other theatres.
- Lead initiatives to achieve goals defined in the Theatre’s strategic plan, and further develop long-range audience development goals and strategies.
- Support initiatives to increase the capabilities and revenue of the theatre rental program.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve the patrons’ experience of the theater.
- Collaborate with the Development Director to integrate organizational strategy and customer relationship management in marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Handle all back end set up in Spektrix, our ticketing and donor database, including inventory management, integrated mailings and promo code development.
- Oversee box office staff and handle daytime box office service.
- Manage the booking and contracts of all school field trip groups for our Family Series, and be the point of contact person for all school matinees.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Business & Brand Relationships Work Team of the Board.
- Oversee registration and promotion for after-school program.
- Keep website and blog up to date.
- Manage and negotiate any advertising in digital, print, radio or other.
- Oversee the creation of season collaterals, including posters, postcards, bookmarks, etc.
- Oversee the booking and execution of photo and video shoots for promotional and archival purposes.
- Layout and design small ads and social media graphics (using Canva, etc) and playbills (using InDesign).
- Oversee direct mailings and poster and bookmark distribution.
- Effective communicator
- Good collaborator
- Computer and internet proficiency
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to work at the conceptual level as well as the implementation phase
- A genuine interest in and knowledge of the theater
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- Basic design skills a plus
- Experience with Ticketing/Donor software. Spektrix knowledge a plus
- The successful candidate will have significant career experience in marketing, communications or a related field. He or she will have proven initiative and will be a goal oriented innovative thinker. The ideal candidate will be flexible with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and will be able to work successfully under pressure and meet deadlines and goals.
Salary is in the 30’s with benefits. Start date: July 8. Resume review and interviews will start May 30.
To apply, send cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and two writing samples to Celise Kalke, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Synchronicity Theatre is committed to recruiting and fostering a diverse community of staff. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE